Chocolate Pie Recipe
- ⅔ cup flour
- 4½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ⅔ cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pre-baked pie crust or purchased crumb crust, 9-inch
- Mix cocoa and flour in top of a double boiler over hot water and whisk in about half of the 1 cup of water, just enough to make a smooth paste.
- Blend in the sugar and the beaten egg yolks and add remaining water and milk.
- Cook over low until the mixture is thick; add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping, or use the egg whites to make a meringue.
- Chill thoroughly
Note: Top this chocolate pie with whipped cream or whipped topping.