Matcha Pound Cake Recipe
- 120 g butter (room temperature)
- 120 g sugar
- 120 g eggs (approximately 2 large, room temperature)
- 120 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp matcha (green tea powder)
- Preheat the oven to 165 C. Grease the bottom and sides of a 18x10 cm loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing the ingredients. Sift the flour and combine it with baking powder. Reduce the speed of an electric mixer to low and add flour mixture to butter and egg mixture in three or four additions. Beat a few more minutes.
- Divide batter in two halfes and add matcha to one of them (I'd reccomend mixing the green tea powder with a bit of warm water before that).
- Alternatively layer matcha and vanilla batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for about one hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.